Random thoughts and daily events of a writer in training.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Over The Hump

Okay, over my weekly hump and finished up the draft of the zombie thing which turned out better than I thought it would. Gotta add about 1000 words to it, I think, but over all it's just fine. Now, to find someone to pay me money for this thang.

Also, got to work on the sci-fi horror one which I think is coming along well. The key to that one will to not give away the thing until much later in the story. This one I feel like can only really go on about 3000 words, but that's alright. Like most sci-fi, it's just a Power-Point presentation dressed up with imagery around the edges. Would be fund to find a way to do that sort of genre writing better, though.

What am I saying? It's all genre writing anyway. Lit is as much a genre as Romance, these days. Once the genre stuff became the norm, Lit had to play catch up and now anything with heartfelt but still fairly depressing themes is Lit. Or, anything by the guys at McSweeney's, which is too bad. I don't think most of them do anything other than ape the past. Oh well, I'd take a check if they offered me one, so who am I criticize, right?

Latest story to be accepted by a site that don't pay, but that's okay for the present: New Haven Case.

Happy Halloween folks. Even if by folks what I mean is , Happy Halloween Dave, the only guy who reads this and not very often at that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a message.